AdSAM® utilizes a non-verbal, visual technique to accurately tap into the core of the human emotional responses.
AdSAM® is based on the dimensional Theory of Emotion, which states that every emotion is a combination of three dimensions: Appeal, Engagement & Empowerment. The measure utilizes graphics characters, called the Attitude Self-Assessment Manikin, to depict these dimensions.
AdSAM® has been used worldwide in market research and has been validated over the past 24 years.
AdSAM® has been shown to be highly predictive of behavior and has several advantages over other emotional response measures:
- Captures more accurate responses undiluted by rationalization
- Minimizes discussion biases in qualitative research
- Minimizes language biases
- Captures the complexity of emotions in a way that is simple for participants
- Is not constrained to finite selections, as with semantic differentials
- Effectively used with children and adults
- Effectively used cross-culturally
- Easy to administer
- Can be effectively and efficiently incorporated into both qualitative and quantitative research